1. What are your tail prices?
-The Full Silicone Tails range from $1,000.00- $2,000.00
-The Partial Silicone Tails are DUSCONTNED- Till Further Notice
2. Do you offer Discounts/Military or other??
We apologize, but we Do Not offer discounts for the tails. Fishbutts does what we can to keep tails at low cost for all customers. However, we do have the occasional TAIL SALE, to let everyone have a chance to purchase a tail at a lower cost.
3. How long does it take for Tails to be made?
- Presently Tail orders usually take about 42-133 days (6-19 weeks depending on the tail type) from the moment of Payment is made. This is an estimate, some orders may be completed faster, and some may require additional time (Custom Colors, Summer & Holidays) there is NO guaranteed time frame for delivery of these custom handmade items. Since it takes time to make, we greatly appreciate your patience.
4. How come your tails are more expensive than before?
- Though we previously offered cheaper tails in the past, we since moved to higher quality and durable materials. The supplies themselves are very expensive. It was a decision made to offer our customers better quality products. The tails are priced to a low cost that can be affordable to the customers, and still give them a high quality product. We strive to exceed our customers’ expectations.
5. Why don’t you Sell Latex Tails Anymore??
- Unfortunately Due to Latex being a non-durable, along with running the risk of a customer, or someone who interacts with a customer’s tail having a latex allergy. We no Longer sell Latex, Which is why, FishButts upgraded to Dragonskin Silicone.
6. Can I have some extra fins added to my tail??
-Side fins are $50.00 for a pair which is custom made and can be placed anywhere on your tail (on waist, in front, behind fluke etc.).
-Dorsal & Heel fins are $50.00. They are custom molded to your design.
7. Can I get A Partial or full silicone tail with a Finis Competitor monofin?
- Yes Partial and Full Silicone tails can have this monofin installed into the fluke. However, the Price will be, anywhere from $150-$200.00 extra for the monofin depending on partial or full silicone fluke and if a custom fluke needs to be made to accommodate the monofin size.
8. Can I order a Custom colored tail?
- Yes, Custom colored Partial Silicone tails are $750.00 for a fully customized Tail, whereas Full silicone tails are $2000.00 for a fully custom airbrushed Tail. Please remember for tails which are customized it may take a bit longer to get the tail sent out.
9. What are the differences between the two kinds of tails?
Partial Silicone Tails:
- Made completely of Neoprene with a thin layer of dragonskin silicone and pressed scales.
- Are painted on the Neoprene underneath the Layer of clear silicone scales
- Comes with a Finis Wave or Rapid monofin (Foil for tail can be requested)
- Have limited fluke designs.
- Weigh between 8-10Lbs dry.
Full Silicone Tails:
-Are lined with a thin layer of neoprene and thick raised scales along with a Full silicone Fluke.
-Custom Tails are not only tinted with a base color, but airbrushed and sealed.
-Comes with a Wave or Foil monofin, for a floppy realistic movement.
-Can be custom molded and designed to just about Any Fluke design.
-Weigh between 20-25lbs dry.
All Tail Styles:
- Can have Fins
- Weightless in the water (partial silicone is a bit more buoyant than the full silicone)
-No Visible Side Seams
- Swimmable and can be used in pool or ocean or even on land.
- Can have custom colored paint schemes.
- Are made from high quality Platinum Dragonskin Silicone.
10. How much to have my tail Rush Ordered?
-For Partial Tails for an additional $200 we can rush your order.
-For Full Silicone tails its $400 extra to be put as Priority Rush.
** (Please keep in mind, there’s a reason why tails aren’t really rushed. Fishbutts does what needs to be done, to make sure all tails are up to the highest standards from reinforced scales to making sure all seams are hidden and the tail is fully dry and ready for the customer to use upon arrival.**
11. Can you please tell me how to make a silicone tail???
Fishbutts is a tail making business, we cannot share the technique. But you can find some ideas on making tails on Mernetwork.com
12. What’s the shipping price and do you ship international?
-Shipping in the USA is FREE and can take anywhere from 3-5 days, but International Shipping varies on location and can take anywhere from 7-12 days depending on customs. You will need to contact us for a better shipping quote.
13. Do you make custom tail fluke designs?
-For Partial Silicone tails we have a limited design, but we will do our best to make it similar to what you want.
-For Full Silicone tails if you have a fluke design in mind, we can do our best to make it a reality for you. However Custom Flukes are extra, in addition the tail price because they are custom made & molded. Pricing for this custom option is $150.00-$200.00 depending on the size and shape of the Fluke.
14. I’ve sent you an email, but still haven’t gotten a reply, why not?
-We at FishButts are sorry for this issue, Daily we get overwhelmed with Emails of questions, tail quotes and other things from potential customers and young children asking (or demanding at times lol) for a H20/Aquamarine/Ariel Mermaid tail. And of course there are those emails of people who ask questions, which can be found in the FAQ and/or Ordering Section of the FishButts Website.
When you are ready to make an order/ or want to be added to the Waiting list,
Email: FishButtswaitlist@gmail.com, Please provide the following:
What tail type you want to order,
Color type (or attach the tail design to your email),
Measurements & Shoe Size (See Chart Below:
Along with your PayPal Email address
And your current Location (USA or international).
15. I really like So & So’s tail Design/Color; can you make mine just like theirs??
-Whether a famous tail design or a tail color scheme someone has, we at fishbutts will make it somewhat similar, (but with some modifications of our own to keep it from looking exactly like the person’s tail design or color scheme). But why wouldn’t you want to make your own amazing tail design? Inspiration can come from anywhere!!! Plus your design would be a one of a kind, because it’s yours.
16. Can I have Glitter on my tail??
-Glitter is so magical!! it’s a must have for mermaid tails, Fish butts puts a splash of Glitter mixed in with the paint and in the top seal of our tails, to give it just that little something extra, but if you want more glitter, let us know so we can make you tail really sparkle.
17. My 9-10-11 yr. old wants a Full Silicone tail; do you make children’s mermaid tails?
-Tails are for children and adults of all ages!! But please remember the Full Silicone tails are pretty high-priced and children grow like weeds, so a $1- 2,000 tails would be outgrown very fast.
18. Let’s talk about Renting a Tail?
-I’m sorry but at the moment Fishbutts isn’t renting any tails, but hopes to begin to offer tail rentals in 2014.
19. Do you need any models or send out tails for free promotions?
-As a custom tail making businesses, we love and prefer our wonderful clients to model their custom made beautiful tails for us; it makes it more personal than having a model wear a tail not sized for them. Sorry but we don’t send out free tails for promotional purposes. All tails have to be purchased by the client(s).
20. Which tail is better if money is not an issue?
-If for Performing: The Full Silicone tails have the larger, more prominent scales and have a full silicone fluke so they are great for performing..
-As a Hobby: If you're just looking to mermaid for fun, the Partial Silicone Tails are pretty durable for extensive use to play, take photos in, and are much lighter than the Full Silicone Tails.